Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:04:03 +0200
From:      Robert Urban <urban@rto.dec.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   floppy install of 2.2-960612-SNAP (2)

Hello people,

I created a floppy with a:\bin\bin.{inf,aa,ab,ac,ad,ae} and it still
doesn't work.  In the debug virtual console I see:

[lots of stuff before...]
DEBUG: initFloppy: mounted /dev/fd0 successfully on /dist
DEBUG: Request for /dist/bin/bin.tgz from floppy on /dist, probe is 1.
DEBUG: Request for /dist/bin/bin.inf from floppy on /dist, probe is 1.
and the same for:
doc/doc.tgz
doc/doc.inf
manpages/manpages.tgz
manpages/manpages.inf
and so on for proflibs,dict,info,src,des.

what is going on?? a request for *.tgz give me a bad feeling, like it's not
even looking for bin.aa,bin.ab...

and what's the *.mtree stuff for?  If I copy it to a dos floppy it becomes
*.MTR of course.

I would *really* like to get this installed today (if technically possible),
so replies would *really* be appreciated.  You all read you mail on sunday,
right? :-)

Also: please reply to <urban@alfam7.enet.dec.com> as our mail hub is currently
not very reliable (memory module flaky).

looking forward to some help...

thanks,

Rob Urban, Digital, Munich, Germany