Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 1995 12:04:30 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@cwbtwo.bsi.com.br>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INGRES

> Ref documentation.
>
> The process I use to "trace bugs" in the source code
> leads to "rewrite" all the code so an "patch" from the original,
> will result in a file greater than the sources I offer.

It sounds then like this is a case of an "orphaned port", or
one that has changed significantly enough that it certainly
can no longer really be called the same Ingres port we've seen
from Berkeley.

I still think it should be a "port", however, it just means that
the original tarball will have to live in our LOCAL_PORTS.

To get a working RDB back in ports/databases, I think this would
be worth the price.

					Jordan