Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2016 17:03:19 +0200
From:      Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de>
To:        Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>,rs+freebsd-ports@trust64.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zimbra Port

Am 1. Juni 2016 16:19:56 MESZ, schrieb Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>:
>Sorry for the top post.
>
>We use Zimbra on an Ubuntu LTS VM with storage via iSCSI.
>
>Given the magnitude, I honestly don't think ports or packages is really
>the way to go. I believe that most people use a dedicated (to Zimbra)
>server or VM.

I second this.

There allready is a version of zimbra on FreeBSD and it's intentionally not a real port https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_on_FreeBSD

I used to use this, but I'm now running a CentOS instance just for zimbra.

And I don't think zimbra outside of /opt is ever going to happen, it's coded into too many places.

You might want to rethink this…

Cheers, Mathias