Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Derrick Schimcek <bobogoboom@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail FreeBSD 5.3 Issue

I have a machine that I have installed bind and
sendmail from the ports collection it is a mail
gateway.

When I do a nslookup from the box when it first boots
up I do an nslookup on the host name
mail2.memorialcare.org
It returns the correct ip address. But when I send an
email through sendmail on the box that sends to
memorialcare.org through mail2.memorialcare.org I get
this error
Jun 27 06:26:29 rdc-mailgw02 sm-mta[623]:
k5RBPtCM000608: to=jhall@memorialcare.org,
delay=00:00:05, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=30005, relay=mail2.memorialcare.org., dsn=5.1.2,
stat=Host unknown (Name server:
mail2.memorialcare.org.: host not found)

And then if I do an nslookup from the box after that I
get a ** server can't find mail2.memorialcare.org:
NXDOMAIN

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?