Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:04:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Douglas Flock <dougf@mccue.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SU command

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Douglas Flock wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I am getting an error using the SU command:
>
>                                    Oct 2 06:08:38 myname SU: BAD SU
>dougf to root on /dev/ttyE0
>
>I have user as member of group Wheel, as required.
>
>What am I missing?  Is something corrupted?

Da you have the correct user in group wheel? Do you have the right syntax
in /etc/groups?

You said group Wheel. Did you mean group wheel?

IIRC, if you have group wheel problem su will say something like "not a
member of group wheel"

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither