Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:22:37 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the Handbook

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 01:57:53PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > better than the outdated stuff we have!  Unless somebody else (e.g.,
> > Randy Pratt) wants to do this, I will (or I'll check in someone else's
> > patches to do it).
>
> Randy (and Murray) are working on it at the moment I believe.

  I think Randy could definitely use some help from Dima or anyone
else getting this finished.  I'm not working on this at the moment.

> > Perhaps now's a good time to bring this up: what exactly is the
> > Developer's Handbook supposed to be?

  Or for that matter, what exactly is the Handbook supposed to be?
I'm more interested in clearly defining what we want the handbook to
be and adding a paragraph to this affect to the Introduction chapter.
Clearly the Handbook has a different purpose than a book like say, The
Complete FreeBSD, we just need to define what that is exactly.

  As for the Developer's Handbook, I think its ok to leave this
undefined for now since there are such huge gaps in the content and
we're really not sure what sort of document we are going to end up
with.

	- Murray