Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:54:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Christopher Weimann <cweimann@k12hq.com>
Cc:        Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ot] good Xserver for Windows 2000?

I have used eXceed and use VNC to access a win95 box from FreeBSD. I have
not tried VNC on windows to access unix. I find on a 10BaseT network VNC
screen handling leave a lot to be desired. eXceed is transparent.

The bad part is eXceed is blotware. There is a ton of stuff that is
probably useful in a corporate network but that I never installed. They
have (had??) a "lite" version that does X only for $125. Or at least they
did offer that in '98-'99. I quit using it as I started replacing win
workstations with FreeBSD.