Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 16:53:23 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Religious Propoganda.

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 07:30:10AM -0400, Thomas Good wrote:
> We seem to have had a couple instances of `fetish mail' of late.
> And the `my god is bigger than your god' stuff gets pretty tedious.

Hehe. I think those people need to be committed. :-) But then again, as I
recently pointed out on a different list, you cannot outlaw stupidity because
being stupid is a fundamental human right.

> The perl-dbi mailing list blocks posts from non-subscribers...

I don't think that would work here. You can find it all over the FreeBSD web
site: If you have such and such question, send email to such and such address.
And all of those addresses are for mailing lists.

Blocking posts from non-subscribers would mean a considerable shift in the
ways FreeBSD provides tech support, or any other kind of support.

> > Abusus non tollit usum.
>
> Semper Paratus.  ;-)

Let's not take this ad extremum! Just in case someone does not know what
abusus non tollit usum means, it translates roughly: Abuse does not justify
the taking away of legitimate use.

I know that classical education is lacking in the US (or is it education in
general?). As the director of our local theatre recently pointed out: It will
be fun watching today's kids when they get older and learn that the greatest
renaissance artist was named after a teenage mutant ninja turtle. :-)

Adam