Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:23:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@cydonia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Grrrr Multiple SCSI cards

I'm having a heck of a time getting three scsi cards to live comfortably
together. Is there some trick to having multiple scsi cards in the same
system that I'm unaware of?  I've searched the handbook as well as
freebsddiary and cruised dejanews for info to no avail.
I've got 3 2940UW controllers, just flashed the bios on all of them to the
same version. Every one of them boots fine individualy but not if I put
them all in at once. It eventualy will boot and mount all the drives but
only after crashing and halting and resetting the scsi busses a couple
times right after the "waiting 15 seconds for scsi devices to settle"

HAAALLPP !!

Keith

|              Keith Woodman                |
|      keith@cydonia.net    (primary)       |
|      keith@telestream.com (secondary)     |
|              www.cydonia.net              |