Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:42:29 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "SiGRiD Fenderson, Fnordkiller" <sigrid@bconnex.net>
Cc:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PC-CARD woes

> >Umm, since your PCIC controller is using IRQ 4, then the card can't also
> >use IRQ 4.  Try changing the config line to
> >     config 0x1 "sn0" ?
>

> Did as you suggested, and I now get "resource allocation failure" from pccardd instead of
> "driver allocation failure."  The irqs are listed as follows in pccard.conf:
>
> irq 10 11
>
> Incidentally, I installed using PAO using this very card, selecting the default configs along the
> way, which included selecting "IRQ 10, 11" for the interrupt setting.  One thing I haven't
> specified in pccard.conf is the memory range - does it need to be stated explicitly?

Yes.  This is from the sample pccard.conf file that is distributed with
FreeBSD.

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     3 5 10 11 13 15
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

So, you've modified it to only use IRQ 10 and 11.  However, the io and
memory lines should be similar.

Nate