Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:45:00 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT-T patch for 7-STABLE

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 04:04:05PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.
Sorry for the very late answer, but I wanted to work on the userland
part as soon as I had your patch, then I had an unexpected failure in
my internet access (still not completely resolved, hope you'll get
this mail).

> I just MFCed the UDP Control Block, which is a prerequisite for merging
> the NAT-T patch from HEAD (8) to 7-STABLE:
> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=196192
>
> I also merged back the NAT-T changes from FreeBSD 8/HEAD. This
> will allow us to provide the same API for tools for FreeBSD 7 (with
> patch) and stock FreeBSD 8.x and 9 (HEAD).

Great !

With that, I could easilly start tests on kernel+userland.

ipsec-tools HEAD is now expected to compile/work with that kernel API,
and I have a running tunnel with FreeBSD7+patchset+ipsec-tools HEAD as
the responder (with NAT-T used).

More tests will come soon, but please all report any issue !

Latest ipsec-tools snapshot will also compile and work (actually, this
is exactly the same as HEAD, except some typo fixes....) with that API.

Yvan.