Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:58:40 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?=D8=2EW=2ET?= <orjan@mirach.no>
To:        "Kastaki" <kastaki@ganbert.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: samba

hello Kastaki :)
well yea i assumed the same thing like 3 weeks then i discoverd that samba
dosent work whit winME at all, the weirdest part is that win98 and winME
should be same but it aint :/
if you are trying to connected too an win98 from an win2k box you get an
error...
The problem i have whit my samba is that im not authorized from this computer
"win2k" too login, there i wonder if there might be an smb thing im over
looking in the config that should be enabled .. my config looks like this :

[global]
   hosts allow = 10.0.0.3
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = guest
   remote announce = 10.0.0.255/FAB
   security = share

thats the global bit... :)
is there something im missing ? or is it just something i have overlooked?
like isnt there an way too link the /etc/passwd whit the samba so persons
whit an account could also login whit samba? or do i have too create users
using the smbpasswd ?