Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:25:44 -0400
From:      "Paul Horechuk" <phorechuk@docucom.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Look TV/Internet

I'm considering using the wireless service provided by LookTV. Is anyone
familiar with the protocols involved and whether it can be used with FreeBSD
4.x?
My high speed internet choices are @HOME, ADSL (with pppoe) and Look
wireless. I am avoiding the @HOME service, because I do like timely delivery
of my email. I can recall several cases of email delivery problems with the
cable modem services. The ADSL services available here seem to demand the
use of pppoe. I know FreeBSD has a work-around for this. The preferred
service is Look. For those unfamiliar with LookTV, it is a direct, digital
broadcast from a central antenna to a line-of-sight antenna on your house.
The internet connection can be one-way wireless (downlink) and analog modem
(uplink), or two way wireless. What I need to know is, what protocols are
being used and can FreeBSD handle either the two-way setup or even the
wireless/modem setup?

Please cc me as I don't subscribe to questions.
Thanks.