Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:27:06 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      "Vitaly V. Belekhov" <vitaly@riss-telecom.ru>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Tarik Alj <aljtarik@cholla.inrs-telecom.uquebec.ca>, archie@whistle.com, gregoire@cholla.inrs-telecom.uquebec.ca, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridge + VLAN + netgraph

Hi.

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Tarik Alj wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >         we are interested in develloping a netgraph
> > bridge node following the
> > 802.1Q standard; that is a bridge with VLAN support
> > and eventually GARP applications support. I have read
> > the recent thread about bridging and netgraph,
> > and have also read the article on netgraph in daemonnews.
> > However it is not very clear if work is being done as to
> > devellop a bridge node or if it is scheduled
> > for later on. I would also be interested if you
> > had any advice or suggestions on
> > the matter.
>
> It would of course be possible to implement VLAN support using
> netgraph. There is also a 'backwards ethernet' netgraph node
> written by Vitaly V. Belekhov  (CC'd)and
> available at www.riss-telecom.ru/~vitaly/
> This node may be of some use to you..
> The standard 'ethenet' node was recently re-written
> and will be checked in soon.

 My work with netgraph can be reused easily (I think) for bridge
 implementation. There is no need for 'backwards ethernet' node even (if
 your bridge dont need to recieve bridged packets itself :).
 Just see on graph on my page for example how to construct nodes chain
 for traffic capturing/processing.

--
Vitaly Belekhov
RISS-Telecom Networking Center, Novosibirsk