Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 04:18:59 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: utils/ explosion

Ok, so here is the updated list.  If this is approved, I'll ask Rod to
do the repository copy.

sysutils:

  top, tua, xbatt, xdu, xperfmon, xsysstats (from x11)

benchmarks:

  bonnie, iozone, lmbench, tcpblast (from net)

emulators:

  cpm, cpmemu (already there), hfs, mtools, pcemu, vmsbackup, wine

security:

  pgp.non-usa_only, pgp.usa_only

utils:

  amanda, chord, colorls, ispell, kp, less, mmv, mshell, rman,
  screen

Since "cpmemu" is already in emulators, I suggest we change "cpm" to
"cpmtools" ('cause it's like mtools ;) or something.

BTW, what do people think about "pidentd" and "tcp_wrapper"?  Torsten
said they are security tools but aren't as "secure" as they should be,
so it might be dangerous to put them in the "security" category and
people might think they are safe to use.

*I* think if it's a security tool, it should go to "security", but
then I don't know the severity of their problems.  Experts? :)

Satoshi