Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2013 15:18:03 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andras Horvath <mail@log69.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports / Makefile / check if default compiler is GCC and version is 4.2+

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 02:44:27PM +0200, Andras Horvath wrote:
> Dear Members,
>=20
> I'd like to ask your help. I'm a developer and maintainer of a port and I=
 intend to give different compile options for different compilers when buil=
ding my software. I'm using the OpenMP feature of GCC that is available fro=
m GCC version 4.2 and above.
>=20
> I would like to know how I could determine in my Makefile whether the def=
ault compiler is GCC and it's version is >=3D 4.2 ?
>=20
> I'd like to go with the preffered standard way.
>=20
> Does it make any sense to try to support GCC version lower than 4.2? If n=
ot, I reckon it would be enough for me to check against GCC only without it=
s version. If so, then would this be enough? :
>=20
> .if ${CC} =3D=3D "gcc"
>=20
>=20
It doesn't make sense, $[CC} =3D=3D "gcc" is not enough at all for that, if=
 you
Some patches allowing to better play with different compilers is coming.

regards,
Bapt

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13--