Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:34:16 +0000
From:      Wayne Hotmail <testdog@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel 10 gig cards mtu 9000

I am unable to add 2 Intel 10 gig nics to my Freebsd 9.1 at 9000 MTU. I tri=
ed to add them last night and was only able to set only a max of 4000 MTU. =
 I get an error telling me kernel: ix1: Could not setup receive structures =
and the interface will not pass traffic.

I found these changes on the Intel readme but this did solve my issue.
kern.ipc.nmbclusters=3D262144
 kern.ipc.nmbjumbop=3D262144

There seems to be some calculation that needs to be done with multiple CPUs=
. I am running 12 cpus what tweak do I need to make so I can run my MTUs at=
 9000 on my 1 NIC with no vlans and 1 NIC with 3 vlans on it.=20

Wayne

 		 	   		  =