Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:25:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW Help

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Blake Swensen wrote:

> I cannot get local traffic to contact sites.
>
> Consider that www.1235.com is a virtual domain and is natd-ed to a
> server inside the firewall. There is no occurance of 12345.com on our
> internal dns for private ip resolution, so when local machines try to
> access the natd-ed address, their connection is refused.

	This is the way natd works.  There are several way to fix this.
	The most common practice is to add an entry in your internal DNS.

	Another way, which is a horrible way, is to run natd on the
	internal interface as well.  I don't recommend this...

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- WARNING TO ALL PERSONNEL:
   Firings will continue until morale improves.