Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:10:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        grog@lemis.com
Cc:        lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

On 13 Nov, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2000 at 20:18:57 -0500, Lanny Baron wrote:
>>
>> You may not like my "tone". Which is to me,is unimportant in this
>> issue.  The ISSUE was, Intel not allowing non I.E. browsers to
>> access the portal and other private to channel users, site(s).
>>
>>.....[Trimmed massive malarque]....
>>
>> This is not some apologetic answer back. This is to defend my
>> warranted mail as a person whom is dedicated to promoting FreeBSD.
>
> As I said, you're welcome to do what you want as long as you don't
> involve us.
>
>> In no way did I make any representation or link between myself and The
>> FreeBSD Project or any of its communities.
>
> By copying -advocacy, you implied exactly that.  Please don't do it
> again.  You're more than welcome to behave in whatever manner you see
> fit, but have the courtesy to not raise the impression that
> FreeBSD-advocacy is behind you.

I disagree with your last statement, Greg.

I will concure(sp?) that the original posting has no business in
Advocacy@freebsd.org. I also agree that his topic is definitely of
subject. I further agree that using a more diplomatic approach
does have it merits and at times can be more effective that
the 'gunshot and dynamite' method.

As I see this posting, this person is informing us of some
rather important information, which we might want to take note of.
The topic, while NOT belonging to 'advocacy', is of importance
to those who advocacte *BSD. Personally I can recount many
such stories, but this is not about me.

I should finish by saying that while this person's information
is important to those who advocate *BSD. There seems to be
no one willing to 'step up to the plate' and deal with this
information so that we might make effective use of it.

				best regards,
				Jessem.