Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 20:11:37 +0100
From:      Andrea Franceschini <andrea@cs.tin.it>
To:        David Elkin <Ctdm1@brisbane.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI parity error for SCSI 2940u2w

David Elkin wrote:

> I have a server running 3.3 and Iam using 2940u2w scsi card. When I
> boot my server it comes up with a continuos error
>
> ach0: Data Parity Error Detected durring address or write data phase
>
> Going by what Justin Gibbs has said, it is a PCI parity error. I have since
> replaced scsi card and moved slots on the motherboard. Also I removed
> all other pci devices. The error still remains. Any suggestions ??
> ----
> This mail item has passed through an insecure network.
> All enquiries should be directed to the message author.

I have the same problem.
With FreebSD 3.5 all worked fine ,but swithcing to 4.0 many errors have
occourred.
Upgrade to 4.1.1 totally blocked my machine:(

My controller is "stand-alone" no devices are attached.

Is a software problem?
Maybe a conflict between mother-board and controller ?
Controller broken?

Bye!