Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 20:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "A. D. D." <meaker1@best.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernal fail at compile

Does anyone know anything about this:

cc -c -O -W -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
-nostdinc -I. -I../.. -I../../sys -I../../../include -DI586_CPU -DKTRACE
-DVISUAL_USERCONFIG -DUSERCONFIG -DFAILSAFE -DUCONSOLE -DBOUNCE_BUFFERS
-DSCSI_DELAY=10 -DCOMPAT_43 -DPROCFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -Di386
-DLOAD_ADDRESS=0xF0100000 -DMAXUSERS=6 param.c
param.c:82: `TIMEZONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
param.c:82: initializer element for `tz.tz_minuteswest' is not constant
param.c:82: `DST' undeclared here (not in a function)
param.c:82: initializer element for `tz.tz_dsttime' is not constant
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Here is my kernal:  ******------******

machine         "i386"
cpu             "I586_CPU"
ident           BAH
maxusers        6

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem.. leave -asw
#options        NFS                     #Network Filesystem   .. for
mounting accross a network
#options        MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem     .. for msdos
mounting
#options        "CD9660"                #ISO 9660 Filesystem  .. only for
heavy cd use
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         "COMPAT_43"             #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options         SCSI_DELAY=10           #Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI
device
options         BOUNCE_BUFFERS          #include support for DMA bounce
buffers
options         UCONSOLE                #Allow users to grab the console
options         FAILSAFE                #Be conservative
options         USERCONFIG              #boot -c editor
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG       #visual boot -c editor

config          kernel  root on sd0

controller      isa0                    #isa bus
controller      pci0                    #pci bus
controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector
fdintr
controller      ahc0                    #adaptec 2940
controller      scbus0                  #scsi bus

# Mandatory, don't remove
device          npx0    at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr
# end

device          sd0     #scsi HD
device          od0     #See LINT.  might as well leave -asw
device          st0     #scsi JAZ (maybe)
device          cd0     #CD Drive
device          sc0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
#console
device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
#serial 1 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
#serial 2 irq 3
device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
#lpt1
device          psm0    at isa? disable port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12
vector psmintr  #mouse
device          fxp0    #Intel EtherExpress card

pseudo-device   loop
pseudo-device   ether
pseudo-device   log
#pseudo-device  ppp     1
pseudo-device   tun     1
pseudo-device   pty     16
pseudo-device   gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's

options         KTRACE          # kernel tracing

Thanks.