Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:40:44 GMT
From:      Guillaume Bibaut <yom@iaelu.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   arm/179532: wireless networking on ARM

>Number:         179532
>Category:       arm
>Synopsis:       wireless networking on ARM
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
FreeBSD is crashing when wpa_supplicant is called upon boot on the Genesi Efika MX smartbook.

Since I can't copy and paste the result of the crash, I've taken pictures and put them here :
http://iaelu.net/~yom/efikamx/arm-eabi/

I got helped by @rayddteam ( ray@ ) on the EFNET IRC subnet, in the #bsdmips channel.

The Wireless network was a WPA Personal.

after some investigations with the help of ray@
we could at least gather this information with the addr2line command :
/root/EfikaMX/obj/arm.armv6/root/EfikaMX/src/efika_mx/tmp/usr/bin/addr2line -e /mnt/boot/kernel/kernel c035bc44
/root/EfikaMX/src/efika_mx/sys/net80211/ieee80211_radiotap.c:138

I hope these informations help you to fix the problem, if there is any solution.

>How-To-Repeat:
The r251405 revision of head sources do not enable the wireless adapter by default so ray@ gave me a patch to enable it.

You can find the diff here :
https://github.com/GuillaumeBibaut/EfikaMX

the file is named :
imx51_iomux.c.diff

which should be patched in
head/sys/arm/freescale/imx/

I also used the MAKE_EFIKA_MX.sh script to build FreeBSD, that I've modified a bit and is accessible in the github repo.
In the script you can find the configuration files.
This script is using the ARM EABI for testing, as asked by ray@.

>Fix:
Not known at the moment.