Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Larry Lile <lile@stdio.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad keyboard problems...

I have a Thinkpad 370C with a 3COM 3C589D PCMCIA Ethernet adapter
and I have had no end of problems getting FreeBSD installed on it.

Finally I have gotten 2.2.8 to install, but my ethernet card doesn't
work after the install :<

To get 2.2.8 installed, I had to set the flags on sc0 to 0x10,
there is no atkbd0 in 2.2.8.

I have tried to install 3.x with the flags on sc0 to 0x10, but that
doesn't help.  Also I have tried setting the flags on atkbd0 to
0x4 and 0x6.  I have also tried combinations of the two, sc0 -0x10 &
atkbd0 -0x4, sc0 -0x0 & atkbd0 -0x4, ...

I have tried the same for 4.x using the standard boot floppies and
the pccard boot floppies.

So are there any definitive answers on what the settings should be for
3.x or 4.x.  The faq only mentions setting sc0 to 0x10 and there are
messages in the archive about setting atkbd0 to 0x4.

Thanks

Larry Lile