Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:30:29 -0600
From:      Lorin Lund <wbs@infowest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ODBC access under Linux compatibility

I am using an interpreted language whose interpreter is built for Linux.
 So I am relying on
Linux compatibility.  I have built and installed
/usr/ports/databases/libiodbc.  Calls to the
library fail.   It just occurred to me that libiodbc.so is a FreeBSD
format library and the
program that is trying to access it is a Linux format binary.

How can I get Linux compatible ODBC service running?

At this time I don't need native FreeBSD ODBC access and Linux
compatible access
concurrently, but what if I did?