Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:49:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ian Pallfreeman <ip@albatross.mcc.ac.uk>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck dies with sigfpe on a P-II

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Ian Pallfreeman wrote:
> [...]
> > 	pid 519 (fsck), uid 0: exited on signal 8 (core dumped)
>
> This is probably caused by user limitations.  Grab a new copy of
> login.conf from the source tree

Thanks for the reply, Doug. Here's what I'm currently running with:

default|root|daemon:\
        :cputime=infinity:\
        :datasize=infinity:\
        :stacksize=infinity:\
        :memorylocked=infinity:\
        :memoryuse=infinity:\
        :filesize=infinity:\
        :coredumpsize=infinity:\
        :maxproc-cur=infinity:\
        :openfiles-cur=256:\
        :priority=0:\
        :requirehome:\
        :umask=022:\
        :tc=auth-defaults:

It's still happening, intermittently, but I can't see anything which I could
change there which will affect this problem.

Cheers,

Ian.
--
 Network Unit, SNOT Team, Manchester Computing, The University, Manchester, UK.
     mail: ip@mcc.ac.uk | phone: +44-161-275-6006 | fax: +44-161-275-6040