Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 01:34:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Group permissions - files uploaded via FTP?

Hello,

	I am trying to set up an FTP server for my father, so that people
can upload files to him.  Command line is out of the question, so I
exported the FTP directory via samba.

Problem I am having is that though I have the upload directory set to
group write allowed, files that are uploaded there do not have that
permission set.  What ends up happening is that if someone logging in via
FTP creates a directory within the upload directory and places files in
it, my father cannot delete them.

Is there any way to set it so that group write permission is set for all
files placed within the upload directory?

If not, is there some other way of doing this?

I am using the default FreeBSD ftpd.

Thank you,

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386
 1:29AM  up 17 days,  2:52, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00