Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:19:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brook Miles <forger@bcgrizzly.com>
To:        Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail server emergency

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Roman Katsnelson wrote:
> My superiors have lost it. I need to solve the following problem by
> tomorrow morning: we have a new client who wants to spy on its
> employees. They want us to build a mail server such that all outgoing
> and incoming mail is stored on it for x amount of days. I need to figure
> out which platform to build this one (ok, that's kind of a given), which
> mail server to use, learn HOW to install and operate the server, and
> have a solution to the problem in the works by tomorrow 10 AM.
>
> Can someone please suggest a server to use? Ideally, it should be easy
> to learn, and able to handle a pretty heavy load and workable with this
> problem. Thanks again and always,
>
> Roman

Check out qmail in the ports.  Also www.qmail.org.  I beleive you'll have
to go with the port and not the package becuase you must recompile it to
save copies of all messages (says the qmail FAQ).

qmail is easy to use but doesn't use /var/mail so make sure you can
operate properly with it's way of doing things first.

Brook