Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 23:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thanks for the sound work on -current

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Kim Culhan wrote:

> Just a note to thank you very muchly for getting the sound system to play
> on this -current machine, it really sounds great!
>
> Dont know if this is very likely.. it seems to sound slightly better on
> this combination of the driver/Gravis GUS PnP though the original was very
> good.
>
> Noted also the maplay v. 1.2 had some compile error a few days ago
> but on -current (current -current) it builds today with no problem.
>
> I could write-up the process.

To piggyback on this since I'll be documenting the gus too -- that would
be neat!  We could put our heads together on it.

My gus has to get here first.  'we'll ship it ups ground, ups says it
takes 8-10 days but since we're in washington state it should take less.'

heh, not.  (Oregon is the state south of Washington, I'm guessing gravis
is about 3-400 miles north of us)