Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:18:45 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking -docs like -stable

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:35:30PM -0500, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
> Just For Fun, I tried "make" in /usr/doc and it stopped on
> lack of "eps2png."  I can't find any mention of that pgm in
> ports/textproc/docproj...  Hmmm...

You've CVSup'd at an odd time.  Yesterday, I committed a bunch of stuff
to support images in the documentation, and updated the docproj port to
depend on a few more bits and pieces.  There was a small time window in
which things may have been out of sync.  Something like

    # cd /usr/ports/textproc/docproj
    # make deinstall
    # make install

*should* work.  If "make deinstall" doesn't work, use pkg_delete to
delete the docproj package, and then reinstall it from the port, to
update the dependencies properly.

> As I mentioned in another reply (to -doc), I think it's a
> Good Idea (if you can) to bring -doc up to date from time
> to time, especially if you're tracking -stable.  The
> "problem" is that this is not as "spelled-out" as is
> tracking -stable.

Very true.  Hopefully my other message should give you enough info about
this.