Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 07:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        proot@horton.iaces.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I got dropped.

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Paul T. Root wrote:
>
> > I'm a little confused here. I got dropped from the mailling list last
> > week, and have since re-upped, but nothing has happened.
> >
> > Did you take a vote and throw me off ;-) or is there something wrong?
>
> Generally, if your mail is unreachable for 6 hours or so, an automated
> scripts removes you from the FreeBSD mailing lists.  You might ask your
> ISP if you're having mail trouble.

	i am not an automated script!

	if you bounce more than ~20 msgs in one 24hr period
	i will remove you from the lists (unless there are
	significant mitigatting cirmcumstances.)

	the best way to protect yourself from being removed from
	the lists is to acquire one or more MX records for your
	mail computer.

	offer to provide MX services for others and request that someone
	do the same for you.  freebsd-isp or freebsd-chat are good lists
	for these offers/requests.

jmb

ps.	well, sometimes my family thinks that i am an automated script ;|
	either that or an automated teller machine, i cant tell which. ;)