Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:34:29 -0400
From:      Matt Horan <matt@matthoran.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using thinkpad R series?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 02:45:35PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> That leaves the R series, but I don't really recall too many people
> posting about them, so I can't help wondering if there is something
> fundamentally wrong here.

I looked at the R60 for the same reasons and purchased one a few months
ago.

The sound driver has been working perfectly for the past few weeks. Take
a look at the developments on snd_hda. The driver is being discussed on
-multimedia.

The default wireless card did not work; it is the Intel 3945A/B/G. I
replaced this card with an Atheros card which works great.

A patch was recently posted to -multimedia or -mobile to enable AGP
support for the chipset. Support for the i945GM has also been added to
the latest X.Org port.

--
Matt Horan matt@matthoran.com http://matthoran.com/