Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:09:09 -0600 (MDT)
To:        Dr R D Gidden <rdg@theleys.cambs.sch.uk>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Net interface card

> Hi!
> Is the NIC 'ANA6910FX' supported, if so, which driver?
> It's an Adaptec 100BaseFX PCI Fibre ST card - I need
> to go out on a multimode fibre link, and this seems cheaper
> than a UTP 100Mbit card + Media Converter.
>
> I dunno what chips it uses - I've asked Adaptec, but no
> reply as yet.

Putting a few things together here:
1) Adaptec networking is the result of them buying Cogent
2) That looks like a Cogent EM-100FX (now called Adaptec ANA6910FX?)
3) If so, the card uses the DEC 21140-AC chipset
4) It should be supported by the "de" device standard in the kernel.
5) If it is DEC based, but does not work with the default driver,
	you can try the alternate "de" driver from:
		ftp://www.3am-software.com/de-970703.tar.gz

I may be totally off the wall here. Any other idears?

Kevin