Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:25:34 +0000 (UTC)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox 90.0.2,2 will not load mozilla.com

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021, Graham Perrin wrote:

>>> couple things worth checking:
>>> - make sure ca_root_nss is on latest version (I'm on v3.69 and not
>>> seeing this issue)
>>> - make sure your system clock is in sync
>>>
>>> for debugging, maybe try accessing a site via curl.  it may report a
>>> more helpful error message, or if it works it's possible the issue is
>>> isolated to firefox.
>>
>> Thanks Pete, I did update ca_root [ca_root_nss: 3.58 -> 3.63]. Clocks
>> are sync'd using FreeBSD defaults and, curl gave no output. Chrome
>> works. It seems clear that the lack of any others there is something
>> firefox does not like about my setup.
>

> Do you get the same error for <https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/>?
> (The site to which <http://www.mozilla.com/>; redirects, for me in the UK.)

No, wow! How did you come up with that?? That works as does onelook.com,
safeport.com and all the sites we host and random others. After I posted
this I found that libreoffice was also broken by the thunderbird install
and upgrades. It was missing 8 dynamic libraries. I added the missing files
from another workstation and got libreoffice to start but it only wanted to
recover my "lost" files. Removing libreoffice and all its dependencies
fixed that issue. I am wondering if my particular combination of packages
has another "hidden" dependency. I stored my bookmarks using the facility
that allows sync-ing. That does not work. Other than that firefox works
perfectly on the sites it will load.