Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:22:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Video card support

    I don't remember if it was this list on which I saw this
discussion, or if it was hackers.  Anyway, I looked at xfree86.org
today, and noticed that there is accelerated support for ATI Mach64
and for NVIDIA TNT2 and GeForce256 boards, as well as many others.

    Is there some reason why this isn't "good enough," or do we
really need actual drivers for these boards to get at their
extra-nifty features (e.g., hardware backface culling, fog, bump maps,
etc.)?

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer (at yourfit.com)