Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:01:04 -0700
From:      "Pookie" <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        "'Bruce M Simpson'" <bms@spc.org>
Cc:        <FreeBSD-hardware@freebsd.org>, <FreeBSD-Mobile@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Port Replicator

You seem like you know what your talking, all im trying to do with the
serial port is use my external modem, my internal is a dumb winmodem
thus  I cant use it. From what I understand I have 4 solutions to my
modem problems
1. Buy a port replicator
2. Buy a USB Modem
3. Buy a PCMCIA modem
4. Buy a USB-RS232 adapter

As far as my research goes a USB modem or PCMCIA modem seems best. I was
looking at /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and it had a decent list of USB
modems(I amuse they all work within FreeBSD). I could do this. Or get a
PCMCIA modem(pccard if im not mistaken).

I don't have a lot of money so I buy something it NEEDS to work.
So my question is; What solution seems sense to you people and why. And
if you've experienced my problem, what did you choose, and be sure to
include make and model so I can go out and get the same :)