Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:40:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@dreamscape.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports distfiles on CD's

I have a question about the CD's for the upcoming releases.  Starting
with 2.2.6, the distfiles for the ports were split across two CD's.
That led to some minor problems.

For example, the main tarball and patchfiles for xv and ghostscript
were split across the CD's, making it impossible to compile these
ports directly off CD.  Also, some ports had prerequisites that
were on the other CD.

There's probably not much that can be done about the prereqs issue.
But surely it's possible to keep all the files for a single port
on the same CD.

This is a minor problem since I can always copy the disfiles to a
common directory on my disk (which I do anyway).  And I would much
rather have the extra distfiles than a smaller set that fit onto
one CD.  I haven't seen the 2.2.7 CD's, so my apologies if these
problems were solved then.

--Mark Krentel
krentel@dreamscape.com