Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 00:19:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo), cds@sssup1.sssup.it
Subject:   multiport ethernet ?

I believe some time ago on some of the FreeBSD lists there was a
mention to a multiport (two or four) ethernet card. Does anyone
have pointers to models, features and prices ?

I have to set up some routers and am having difficulties: ISA card
cause too much cpu overhead for moving data; VLB slots are in short
supply on standard motherboards (max 3, but usually at least one
goes with the video/disk); and the same applies to PCI slots (not
to mention the fact that the no-name "lnc" boards that I can find
come with a buggy soft config software, and I cannot map them at
an address different from 0xff80).

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/