Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:31:59 +0530
From:      "Piyush" <justsovanilla@yahoo.co.in>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: Installing on a logical DOS partition

It amounts to exactly the same thing - when the
installation is done you'll have a FreeBSD "slice"
where the DOS "partition" was.  You'll be shown
a screen during the installation that lists the
partitions (Windows language) or slices (FreeBSD
language) on your machine, which will show an area
on the disk being used for DOS.  First delete the
DOS partition, then create a FreeBSD slice in the
emptied space (it's very quick and simple).  Then
proceed with the rest of the installation.

Jud

The program shows the primary dos partition and extended dos partition but
not any logical partitions under the extended partition......the logical
partition on which I wish to install Fbsd is the last one.......if I delete
a 'slice' of a particular size will fbsd delete any other partitions?
Thanx.......
Piyush