Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:04:44 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Shawn Halloran" <SPHalloran2@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-newbie" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Aarghh !!

If you follow the handbook install instructions exactly & carefully, it
works.... obviously you are overlooking some steps. It's not the
OS.....

At 02:53 AM 2.10.2002 -0800, Shawn Halloran wrote:

I guess, since I can't ask questions hear (pun), I can simply state that
I am beginning to feel extreme discouragement.

 I keep hearing how wonderful this system is, but the most Ive been abel
to do is generate a list of the /usr directory. My mouse won't configure,
X won't configure, Heck! I can't even figure out how to load a simple
word processor. Uuumph!

 I've spent hours reading. I've spent hours on the net. I've loaded this
OS several times (which has been a learning experinece - I can now create
partitions in my slice). So far, the best I can achieve is a barren
screen similar to the ominous cursor that greeted my when I first loaded
DOS 5.0.

 I certainly hope that all this effort is going to be fruitful - I can
think of several people that would tell me I'm absolutely insane for
trying to learn this OS.

 Shawn

----------

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
<<'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.msn.com

<<<<<<<<

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone,

Server Admin

Sage-American

http://www.sage-american.com

jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;

....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"