Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:06:41 +0100 (SNT)
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What to do about this: xl0: no mem for rx list - packet dropped!

We have recently installed FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.
Yesterday networking stopped working and the following error
appeared continuously on the console:
xl0: no mem for rx list - packet dropped

Reboot solved the problem, but we expect it to come back.

The machine has two network cards, one Intel and one 3Com.
A probable fix would be to exchange the Intel card and use two 3Com cards.
But is there some explanation/fix/kernel hack to the xl0 problem?

I have searched the mailing list archives because I think this is an error
that would have appeared at other sites, but I didn't find anything for
that error message.

Thanks!

Peter Olsson   pol@leissner.se