Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:55:01 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More details: 3.2-RELEASE stops. 1 GB RAM Dell Poweredge 4300

To:   questions@freebsd.org
cc:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to ask your help with my employers FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE system.

FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE has stopped three times in one day with multiple highlit
messages
on the console.

da2: (ahc0:?:?)     invalidating pack.   (da2 contains a Web cache on a 9GB
Seagate LVD
                         SCSI. The ? means "I can't remember what the
                         message said")

After being power cycled it booted cleanly. fsck showed no disk content
problems.

The host is a Dell Power Edge 4300 with 1 GB RAM to run Squid 2.2.4-STABLE; but
the same
thing happens after dropping back to squid-1.1.22.

There is *no* panic - the machine simply stops. It shows no keyboard response
but does
answer ping.

I have had to remove this machine from production and replace it with another
running
2.2.8_STABLE

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.