Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 1997 03:45:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        se@freebsd.org
Cc:        joed@telecom.ksu.edu, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine12[15-22]96

I believe (from Jordan's response) that this is going to be resolved
in the source anyway, but as a general comment:

 * I'm not yet sure what to do, but I guess I should put
 * back the patch at least until the packages have been
 * built for the 2.2 CD. Thereafter, the patch may be
 * deactivated again.

If there is a really FreeBSD-specific change that can't be caught by
the BSD macro, you can just #include <osreldate.h>, which gives you a
macro __FreeBSD_version.  This macro is defined to be (roughly) the
year/month of the particular release, for instance, 2.2R has this as
199701 while -current now has 199702.

For more details, please take a look at the handbook, in "Contributing
to FreeBSD" -> "How to contribute" -> "Porting an existing piece of
free software" -> "Before starting the port".

Satoshi