Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:01:50 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   can anybody explain?

	Since my line went dead last Friday I've been having troubles
	simply building a new kernel.  I cvsup'd RELENG_6_2 last time,
	rebuilt the kernel with KERNCONF=GENERIC and now with
	KERNCONF=TAO.  My new /boot/kernel/kernel is > 7.4 megs and it
	*hangs* part way up.  I've tried building with the new GENERIC and
	with TAO that has only two devices added.  One is atapicam, the
	other is cpufreq (just now added).  The old kernel is around 4
	megs.     My last try is RELENG_6.  No diff.

	I've done this scores of times; this is the first time I have been
	this wedged in building the kernel. Can anybody give me some
	clues regarding what is  (or *might* be) going on? The only
	suspicious thing I see at the start of the boot that hangs is the
	mention that "AUTOLOAD failed" ...

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix