Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 13:39:07 +0000
From:      Dave Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Parallel fsck

Hi,
  On our FreeBSD (2.2-somewhere between GAMMA and release) server
the fsck likes to do each partition separatly.  Now since there
is 16GB of disc it would be really nice if it could overlap some
of the fsck'ing of hte three discs.  One disc is EIDE and the other
two are SCSI on an Adaptec 2940UW.

  Obviously I don't want it to do multiple partitions on the same disc
in parallel - what do I have to do? I was going to fiddle with the last
couple of columns of fstab, but the man page doesn't seem to indicate
that I should do that.

Dave
--
----------- (Phone: 0161-275-3547) ------------------------ Man can not