Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:56:43 -0500 (EST)
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux -vs-FreeBSD

Yep, from copious use of UTSL[ 1 ], the rpc.statd(8) manpage, the red-hat-weenie
web site (www.redhat.com/support/erratta/RHSA-2000-043-03.html), the particle
physics guys ( www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2000-17.html), and an old usenet-
archived message from  one of our own highly esteemed community,
( archives.neohapsis.com/freebsd/2000-08/0163.html), I sort-of came to
the conclusion that my portmapper and rpc ports should be monitored for
a while.  Thus  I'm pretty sure that's what's filling up the logs.

The FreeBSD art I'd like to see is Chuck roasting Tux on the end of
the pitchfork, over a stack of burining $Msoft cd-roms and red hats.
Hmm, dinner, roast pengin-kabob , then back to work. [ 2 ].

[ 1 ]. Use The Source, Luke.
[ 2 ]. Although, I have to admit, some of the tiny embedded Linux solutions
seem to pretty good, so maybe Chuck doesn't eat the hors d'ouvres.