Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:27:40 -0400
From:      "Michael W . Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Chainsawing the "Mouse" section of the FAQ

Folks,

I've been spending some time on the FAQ, and came across our "Mouse"
section of the "Hardware Support" section.  It's not exactly
user-friendly, is badly organized, and in my opinion just generally
skanky.  It's been added to over the years, but nobody's ever taken a
good look at the organization.

Current mouse questions:

4.11. I have an unusual bus mouse. How do I set it up?
4.12. How do I use my PS/2 (``mouse port'' or ``keyboard'') mouse?
4.13. Is it possible to use a mouse in any way outside the X Window system?
4.14. How do I cut and paste text with a mouse in the text console?
4.15. Does FreeBSD support any USB mice?
4.16. My mouse has a fancy wheel and buttons. Can I use them in FreeBSD?
4.17. Why does my wheel-equipped PS/2 mouse cause my mouse cursor to jump around the screen?
4.18. How do I use the mouse/trackball/touchpad on my laptop?

I propose rearranging these as follows:

What sorts of mice does FreeBSD support?
        includes: 4.11, 4.12, 4.15, 4.16, 4.18.
        Give device driver names but refer users to LINT/NOTES and man pages
          for kernel configurations

How do I use a mouse in console mode?
        includes: 4.13, 4.14

Any comments?