Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:34:22 -0800
From:      "Paul A. Scott" <pscott@skycoast.us>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Fails with signal 11 in FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.7

>   can you rule out hardware problems?

Yes, I should think so. Again, XFree86 as delivered with FreeBSD 4.5 and
earlier run fine on the same exact machine with no changes in hardware.

The problem only occurs beginning with FreeBSD 4.6 when the individual X
servers were bundled together, and it continues to fail on FreeBSD 4.7.
Furthermore, searching the archives I find that other people have the same
problem beginning with the FreeBSD 4.6 CDROM on different hardware.

Paul

Paul A. Scott
mailto:pscott@skycoast.us
http://skycoast.us/pscott/