Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:20:00 -0600
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>, Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, lioux@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KaZaA port (not working, help if you can)

On Sat 10 Nov 2001, Erich Zigler wrote:

> > Works for me!
> > linux_base-6.1      The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
> > linux_devtools-6.1  Packages needed for doing development in Linux mode
> > FreeBSD wahoo.kc.rr.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Nov  9 01:05:41 CST 2001
> > jbryant@wahoo.kc.rr.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/WAHOO  i386
> I ran some tests today, and with only linux_base-6.1 installed it segfaulted
> when it tried to connect to the server. I gdb'ed the core and got the
> following...
> /lib/libpthread.so.0: No such file or directory.
> #0  0x2819b58b in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x2819b58b in ?? ()
> #1  0x280d6211 in ?? ()
> #2  0x280d399a in ?? ()
> #3  0x809cc4f in __builtin_delete ()
> #4  0x8053989 in strcpy ()
> #5  0x80532e3 in strcpy ()
> #6  0x809c9cb in __builtin_delete ()
> #7  0x280d2eca in ?? ()
> I could not find libpthread on my system. However I did find it was included
> with the package linux_devtools. I installed linux_devtools and the client
> worked fine.

I spoke to soon. The program still cores on me with the above error. If
someone could please let me know how they fixed this I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you.

--
Erich Zigler

Anyone using Microsoft OSses should be relieved from his/her
suffering anyway. Afterall, you'd shoot a crippled horse too.
		-- Abigail in the Monastery