Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 18:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Mike DeGraw-Bertsch <mbertsch@radioactivedata.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Interested in mirroring

<<On Sat, 11 May 2002 17:50:35 -0400 (EDT), Mike DeGraw-Bertsch <mbertsch@radioactivedata.org> said:

> The box is located in Cambridge, MA, USA, and is available over both IPv4
> and IPv6 (though the IPv6 tunnel comes from Canada, it's still pretty low
> latency) at 199.232.41.27 and 3ffe:b80:2:784f::2.

There is already a CVSUP and FTP mirror in Cambridge, with a
100-Mbit/s connection.  A T1 is unlikely to be sufficient, based on
what I observe (24-hour average 2 Mbit/s, 10-15 Mbit/s around release
time).

A Web mirror does not require nearly such substantial resources,
although I doubt that the domestic ones get much use at all.

-GAWollman