Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:17:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein-freebsd-questions@theloosingend.net>
To:        Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting from LInux to FreeBSD

* Deepak Naidu [2005-09-08 10:46 +0100]
>  2)How to i find memory, cpu information in freebsd,
>  apart from TOP. In linux we have free and
>  /pro/cpuinfo.  I dont see any files under /proc

You need to mount procfs on /proc to have files appear in /proc. However,
you won't find cpuinfo in there, just one folder for each running process.
You could however mount the linprocfs filesystm in /compat/linux/proc and
look at /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo et.al. You'd need to load the linux and
linprocfs kernel modules to do that.

To gather system information, these utils should provide a starting point:

dmesg(8)
sysctl(8)
kenv(1)
devinfo(8)